Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Heart Cry today...


"Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,
If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
And find the knowledge of God." 

~ Proverbs 2:3-5 

Proverbs also states that the beginning of wisdom is the fear of
the Lord. 
As we are now well and truly into the new year I have one heart
cry and that is more wisdom.  Not worldly wisdom 

 "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without variance, without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for them that make peace." 
~ James 3:17-18

I desperately ask the Lord for this wisdom daily to weave it's
way into my every decision with our homeschooling, our
parenting, our marriage, our family, our relationships, our
finances and every single step we take.

More of God's pure wisdom is my heart cry for 2012.  
 

5 comments:

  1. Wisdom...true God given wisdom is to be greatly sort by the believer. May you be like Solomon, with real wisdom from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my hearts cry too. Beautiful scripture! lately, we have really had to look at some of the things in our lives that take away from the things our family would like to do to be a closer knit family and more effective for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more. Have a lovely weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful post, Sarah. :) I just found your blog and I love it1 I am new to the Charlotte Mason method, but we are loving homeschool even more by implementing her methods. I'm your newest follower and I would love for you to stop by and "visit" sometime.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, been praying for this a lot:) May your year be filled with His wisdome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!