Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Thank you Ambleside online!

This has been our first year of following Ambleside online wholly and I just have to say how refreshing it is to read lively books that have been beautifully written with brilliant illustrations such as 'Pagoo'.
This lovely story of the life of a hermit crab was one of the read aloud for Ambleside online y2 and this story absolutely captivated and inspired my ds. We finished this week and the first thing ds asks ~ 'is there number 2'?
I am so thankful to God for guiding me to the Charlotte Mason approach and to Ambleside online for providing there free curriculum according to Miss Mason's philosophy!
The last thing I just want to mention is how these great books bring our lessons to life, it is wonderful to just step away after maths and penmanship and get lost in the great minds of the writers.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely book isn't it!
    I am glad that Ambleside is going well for you, it is such a blessing to find something that works for each person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful book!
    We are reading paddle to the Sea. (same author.)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!