Monday, February 9, 2009

"Yes I am coming soon"

Over the last few weeks a lot of ministers whom I respect have been mentioning how close the Lord Jesus is in returning. For years I felt quite afraid about Jesus' return for selfish reasons, for I want to see my children grow and all those natural feelings. But in over these last few months, I no longer am fearful but excited about the return of my beautiful Lord, and just have an urgent desire to be ready. Watching and hearing all the horrible things happening in the earth brings the words of Jesus much closer to home -

Mark 13:8Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

Last night my son watched the news and heard of peoples death. I believe it's important for my children to hear what the Lord has said about these things, so he went to sleep pondering these words of our saviour -
John 16:33
New King James Version (NKJV)These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued!