Monday, June 8, 2009

Quotes from Queen Elizabeth II


Born: 21st April, 1926.

Queen since 6th February 1952


“To what greater inspiration and counsel can we turn than to the imperishable truth to be found in this treasure house, the Bible?”


“It's all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you're properly trained.”


“Work is the rent you pay for the room you occupy on earth.”






“Grief is the price we pay for love”



“Like all the best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements.”



"The upward course of a nation's history is due in the long run to the soundness of heart of its average men and women.”



“I cannot lead you into battle. I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else - I can give my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations.”



1 comment:

  1. Amen. God Save the Queen.

    Wasn't she beautiful when she was young!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!