Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The race of faith...





"Therefore we also, 
since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us lay aside every weight, 
and the sin which so easily ensnares us, 
and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 
looking unto Jesus, 
the author and finisher of our faith,
who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, 
despising the shame, 
and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

~ Hebrews 12:1-2


I just read this morning in my devotions, and I never tire of reading God's word, it is life to my bones and bread for my soul.
I love to think of the 'cloud of witnesses', all the pilgrims that have gone before us throughout the centuries. 

I have two of my Aunties with Jesus who stepped over from darkness to light on their death beds and now they are in eternal bliss. I have my brother who left this earth at the age of 6 (2 years older than me) who is with Jesus.

The other day I was having a whinge to my my husband about some things, little things & silly things.

It's so easy to take our eyes off Jesus and His ways for us. I had done that for a couple of hours and I whinged, because my eyes were on myself, how I was feeling, my selfish attitude.

Well some time with the Lord and in His presence soon dispelled those feelings and I was sorry to Him and Jesus refilled my cup with His joy and peace...HALLELUJAH!

God is amazing and I am continually amazed by His unfathomable and indescribable love and mercy for us.

Be encouraged sisters...you are LOVED!

4 comments:

  1. Amen to that Sarah! Our God loves us so deeply and His grace is unmerited, undeserved, yet freely given!

    Thank God for sending His Son Jesus, our perfect substitute.

    Keeping Jesus as your focus, you can't go wrong. :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Sarah! yes, it's so important to be focusing on Him and a good reminder from you to constantly be doing that as without Him we can do nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't imagine not having the Lords strength to lean on in times of stress. We are going though a time of change with my husbands job, but I feel so calm about it, no panic at all, I know then Lord is with me and what a comfort that is.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post Sarah. God is always there for us isn't He. I've been leaning into Him a lot lately too, in need of a tower of strength when life gets a bit hard sometimes! Hope you are having a great week. Mel x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!