Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas from my heart!

When I reminisce about Christmas time as a young girl growing up, I have the most fondest memories, of delicious food being cooked, putting Christmas trees up with my Mum and siblings, and just being excited for the 25th of December to come around.

Christmas morning was so exciting to wake up very early and open presents with everyone, watch Mum set the table with her exquisite china and tableware and I thought we were just so special.

The year I turned to Jesus and made a real commitment to follow His ways was the year Christmas came alive. I was 16 years old and I was so overwhelmed with joy for I understood for the first time why we celebrated Christmas in our home and why we gave gifts.

We know the scripture so well "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have eternal life".

I understood that I was the reason for Christ's coming to earth, I understood that He came to cleanse me of my sin and heal me of my broken heart. When one has that revelation Christmas is really in your heart all year. I love to remember that first year and my first love with Jesus. He revealed His love, compassion and mercy in so many ways, that when it came to Christmas day, worship was all I could do.

My Mum always played Evie's album and one song that I played over and over that year of me stepping over from darkness to light was "Come on ring those bells". Have any of you heard it?

I remember dancing around the lounge room, because I realised I received the greatest gift of all ~ Jesus Christ the messiah had entered my heart and world and totally transformed me.

Sixteen years on from that year, I still have the same joy and revelation. I don't want to ever forget where I came from, I don't want to ever forget the reason we celebrate Christmas.

In our home, all the decorations, the food and celebrations have a deeper meaning. We don't just go through the motions we remember that Jesus our Lord is returning to Earth to restore Israel and heal the land.

Here is the beautiful song 'C'mon ring those bells' ~


6 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    I dearly hope and pray that you will take this in the spirit of love that is my intention.

    It is clear that you have a deep love and passion for Messiah and desire to follow him and walk in his ways.

    Please do some research on the origins of Christmas. You will find that Jesus has very little to do with it at all.

    There are, however, 7 holidays each year that His Father told us, His people, to acknowledge and keep...and they all show the work of Messiah as part of His plan of redemption. You can find these in Leviticus 23.

    Rich blessings to you dear lady as you seek out truth by following the Messiah of Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting and becoming a follower on my blog!:)

    I'll become follower as soon as I can! (My computer won't load all the way right now)

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that song. Yes, knowing Jesus makes all the difference to Christmas doesn't it!
    Enjoy the special season with your family!
    I'm really enjoying this Christmas as we spend it in Sydney rather than elsewhere, it really has given me more time to reflect on Jesus and the reason we celebrate Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Sarah.
    Yes, I know who Evie is; the missionaries had her music playing in their home all the time. I remember not understanding a thing, but loved her voice. Then when I came to the US and understood her what I was listening it made it even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy this time of the year dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite Evie song of all time! I love it too!!!

    Your Christmas traditions sound very similar to ours. It's the most important thing for us as a family to always have our main focus on Jesus Christ, our Saviour and all He's done for us. What joy that brings!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!