Saturday, January 9, 2010

Time to celebrate!

My husband returns home in approximately 1 hours time!

Am I excited or what!

It's been 4 weeks since Dave left here and went 10 hours away to work, but far out, the time has gone so fast.

Being peak season for our self contained B&B, I have been flat out, hence the reason for not writing many blog posts! Also I have kept busy cleaning, watering vegies and pot plants, cooking, and catching up with family and friends, so my days were very full.

Also today is my oh so precious Mother' birthday and I asked Mum "what would you like me to cook for your birthday"? So here is tonights exquisite menu requested from my Mum ~

Main

Vegetable Lasagna
(own recipe, very much Italian style)

Served with homemade Garlic (turkish) bread

Dessert

Pear and apricot crumble
with thick cream and icecream

Birthday Cake

Homemade blackforest Cake

Well better be off and begin preparing our celebration meal!

So excited!




5 comments:

  1. How exciting! That's fabulous news....home-coming is always the BEST time hey. And you have been very busy by the sound of it..no wonder the blogs have been few and far between.

    The meal for your mum sounds divine! I know she's going to love and appreciate all your efforts to make it special for her. Have a wonderful time with ALL your family together tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy homecoming and happy birthday celebration! Dessert and cake, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    I am imagining great excitement, beautiful food and fabulous family company at your place tonight. Happy day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies...it has been a fabulous evening! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,
    I'm so glad that you've had a perfect evening. :)
    Have a great week,
    Blessings,
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!