Friday, January 22, 2010

This weeks one liners!

Made a quick trip to Phillip Island (2 hours from Melbourne, Vic) to load the trailor with old dressing tables, books, crafts and all sorts of wonderful and exciting things that my Mother in law bestows upon me.

We listened to Anne of Green Gables on audio during parts of our 6 hour trip on the way down and on the way up and was a real hit.

Walking down the street of Cowes I discovered a new book shop had opened - "just going to have a quick look" said I to my husband!

Walked out of the book shop with a gorgeous Collins Dictionary, Nutcracker, 50 new ways of making paper planes and a couple more.

Comforted my dear beloved as he said goodbye to the 5 acre property that he spent so much of his childhood and bachelor hood helping on the farm, helping his papa and where he planted most of the native plants some 20 years ago.

Today one of my very good friends is coming to stay with us for a week.

Today I will be cleaning one of our apartments, cleaning my apartment and cleaning and preparing the room for our special guest.

Well that's it for now, time to get to work! xxx

4 comments:

  1. Love the one liners!

    I love Anne of Green Gables - my kids watched the movie last week....it's a hit here too.

    It's great that Dave had a chance to farewell his childhood home....

    Sounds like a fun week ahead for you with your friend coming to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I totally love new bookshops!!

    Hope you're enjoying having your friend to stay! I'm jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved every minute of it. Thanks for a wonderful time (DJ, Sarah, Joshua and Grace).

    Someone on the bus said, isn't that lovely for the whole family to get up early and say good bye. Thanks guys for a relaxing time.

    You have got a really good set up in Mallacoota. By the way, I have been marketing your B&B to those on the mini-bus. 10% commission if they mention my name. Only joking.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!