Monday, November 9, 2009

One word that said it all!

The children and I spent most of the weekend at one of our beautiful local beaches! We are set with our body boards, esky full of scrumptious fruit, a few chocolates for treats and lots of water!
I have begun a new book 'Dear John' by Nicholas Sparks and I am also reading 'For this Cause' by Brian Houston which is inspiring me to continually keep my dreams and aspirations in line with the kingdom of heaven.

Looking back now over the weekend there was just this one moment that has stuck in my mind and is glued there.

Joshua (9 in 10 days) and I were out in the water body boarding and body surfing, Joshua dived under a wave and came up and with passion in his voice exclaimed "Freedom", in complete wonder and amazement I looked at Joshua and said "did you really just say freedom?"

With a gentle sparkle in his eyes he just nodded and said "it's freedom".

Wow!

How I appreciate moments like this that give me a glimpse into my son's soul, how he feels and thinks!

It just struck me I guess because of his passion and how he expressed so much of his thoughts in just one word!

These are the moments as parents to take note of, that reveal to us the very character of these little humans that God has entrusted into our hands.

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot to be proud of in your children Sarah. They are both delightful people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Reminds me of the 'Freedom' cry by William Wallace. Very cool. Sounds like you had a great weekend.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, it's amazing isn't it to actually listen and take note of what they say (that at times get passed over) as those words give us a true window into their souls and what is actually going on in there!
    "freedom" coming from your son is a great sign of how he's feeling! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    Love the header!

    It's not often that we do actually see what is inside our children's hearts, but it's great when we do.

    Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Freedom'...how sweet!
    I am so curious about the temp of your water.
    My Little Son asked to go body boarding tomorrow and I have not gone in the water for the past few months because of the cold temp.
    Guess I'll wear my wetsuit!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!