Sunday, October 25, 2009

A blog award and 7 'more' things about me...

honored me with this blog award.
Thank you Rosemary for taking the time to visit my blog,
it is such a pleasure getting to know you more.
Now here are seven more facts, occurrences and events
that you may not know about me :-)

1. One Easter holidays, my girlfriend and I went to Phillip Island, Vic, for a very exciting four day trip. On the Sunday morning, we were on our way to church, when my friend was looking at the shops with her foot still on the pedal, then the next thing I knew 'CRASH' up the rear end of the car in front of us. The car was rode off, but we still made it to church, 45 minutes late and saturated from the rain.

Being only about 20 people in the congregation, we certainly made a grand entrance. During the rest of the message I overheard a male voice speaking out 'yes, amen, Hallelujah, Glory to God' and I was so distracted, because I was not listening to the sermon but secretly wondering who this was and trying to peep around to take a look with girlie interest. At the end of the service this tall, dark and handsome man came over to us and introduced himself and he ended us looking after us and driving us around for the rest of the weekend.

Being Easter all the churches on the Island were going to walk down the main street singing etc, and I can recall a moment that swept me off my feet and that was this young man arm in arm with his precious Nana walking snail pace down the road. This man and I became good friends after this and he would travel 3 hours to come and visit, then on the 4th visit one September day he took me to Bells beach and asked me if I would be his wife, (mind you, we never courted, or even held hands, and he had no idea that I had fallen deeply in love with him) and of course I said 'YES' and cried like a baby!

By next January we were married! My husband and I met in April, engaged in September and Married in January! Yes it truly was like a fairy tail and I do feel like Cinderella for there were two other girls in my life at the time who did their best to spoil a very precious time in my life. Dave & I are coming up to 11 years in Jan.

Align CenterNow if your still with me, I promise the next six will be short!

2. I am obsessed with pens, I cannot walk out of a newsangency very often without some sort of new pen.

3. I love the Italian culture, meaning the food, coffee, wine and family orientated mentality.

4. I cannot wear fake jewellery for I receive a terrible form of dermatitis...I love sterling silver though.

5. I use to be a fanatical body boarder and spend up to 4 hours in the ocean no matter what season. I still love body boarding and body surfing when I get the time!

6. I love farmers markets, walking around sniffing out all the fresh fruit and vegetables, trying home made jams, and just the atmosphere makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

7. Lastly the big monster 'gossip' has stolen many, many friends in my life and I actually knew who the people were that spoke horrible things and they happened to be the closest ones to me at the time, which still till this days blows me away with how one can just blow off a friendship like that. I have just come to learn in the last 2 years that the ugly face of jealousy is the root behind gossip and I cannot change that fact and I am better off to not have those people in my life.

'A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret.' ~Proverbs 11:13

'A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much.' ~Proverbs 20:19

'A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends.'
~Proverbs 16:28
Here are the seven blogger's that I would like to nominate this award to-
  1. Edie from http://lifeongrace.blogspot.com/ who continually inspires me with her creative writing and love for life.
  2. Rosemary from http://contentinacottage.blogspot.com/ who is a lot of fun.
  3. Keri from http://sunnyscholars.blogspot.com/ who shares a lot on Charlotte Mason's way of Education.
  4. Jamie from http://www.jamiescottage.com/ who has such a love for God, homeschooling and adoption.
  5. Amy, my gorgeous niece from http://imprinted13.blogspot.com/ who just bears her heart on her sleeve.
  6. Michele at http://mamainhighheels.blogspot.com/ who I have just recently began following but am loving her delightful posts.
  7. Jessi from http://carveyournameonhearts.blogspot.com/ who is also another blog I have recently began following but enjoy her creative thoughts and writing.

To all the other bloggers that I follow and have read to the bottom of this post, I love you!

Here are the 'cool rules' for being nominated with this award-

  • Thank the person who gave this award to you
  • Copy the logo and place it on your blog
  • Link the person who nominated you
  • State 7 facts and events that others may not know about you
  • Nominate 7 other bloggers and let them know they are nominated

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Thank you for sharing more about you - I'm enjoying learning more about you. ☺

    Have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Jillian
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jillian...it's very interesting to dig deep in the memory bag and see what you pull out. Thank you for stopping by! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sarah.
    I like bodyboarding too...but not when the water is cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    Thanks for sharing and I especially enjoyed reading point # 1.
    xxx
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!