Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hello...just a few words!



Life is full of twists and turns as you venture to remain faithful to the straight and narrow.


Right now I am aching in my heart, just a little pinch that is constantly reminding me of my love for my husband and the covenant that is there between us.

I am missing him


It still amazes me how we fall in love and how that loves grows and grows as we water and feed that relationship. Which reminds me of a vision the Lord gave me the day after Dave & I got engaged.


We were in the city of Melbourne and on our way back home after going to a conference to see Brian Houston preach.


As I was driving through the city with road works everywhere causing very narrow lanes, in a blink of an eye, like a flash of lighting I saw two large very plain looking clay pots being smashed together and I saw all the hundreds of pieces all over the place.


The large African pot in this picture is what I saw

Right then the Holy Spirit dropped a word in my spirit and said "These two pots represent both of you and I am going to remold the two pots into one".

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife,
and they shall become one flesh.
Genesis 2:18, 21-24


It was a powerful moment for a 19 year old!

How true this well known quote is!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Sarah. How much longer until you are together again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know how old you are!
    Hope he gets home soon for you:)
    I still miss my dh when he is away even for a night, even after almost 15 years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    What a beautiful post!

    Oh, how I would like to go and see Brian Houston preach.

    We are going away during the school holidays, and I expect that I'll miss my husband, too - I always do!

    Blessings,
    Jillian
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, I'm with you on this one! My hubby is away alot at the moment with work, and will be up until December. He is going to attempt to be home tomorrow sometime as our daughter Lucie turns 9. I always wonder how I'll cope with him away, but we always manage - the kids are all really great and pitch in and help, and of course God looks after us. Still, it's just not the same....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!