Friday, September 11, 2009

Hearing the call!

This past week I have had the pleasure of my cousin and her lovely family staying with us. My husband is away working at the moment so the company has been very nice.

Their is something special about when we all talk, we seem to be on the same level, a connection that bonds us together, we are thinking big, sharing our dreams and talking about the endless possibilities with the Lord in your life.

It is such a rare find to be able to share your deepest dreams and passions with one who understands exactly how you feel and have the same thought going through their minds.

An amazing thing happens inside of you when you open up and talk about what can be, what seems so impossible to others we believe it is possible and a fire begins to burn in your soul.

God has deposited in each one of us a dream, a gift, and a passion that we can never get away from. Have you ever felt that fire burn in your soul when your doing what you love, I truly believe that is from the Lord.

I heard the call long before I was truly committed to Jesus, he called my name, whispered in my spirit so many times.

One life changing moment was when I was 15 and I had come home with a friend after we had been smoking marijuana and my head was spinning and I sat down on a stool and the next thing I knew my Mum and brother were picking me up off the floor shoving tissues in my face, put me in the car and taking me to the dentist.

On the way in the car I looked at myself in the mirror and I was so startled, one of my front teeth was missing and the other was half broken.

A couple of weeks after that incident I was about to have another bong when something whispered in my soul, "Sarah, what are you doing, you have a call and a passion", that was it. That night I went home and wrote in my journal a very long repentance letter to my Father in heaven and I believe that night I was born again.
"Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and long suffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?" ~Romans 2:4
Even in my rebellion, the gentle whisper from a very merciful and loving saviour brought me to repentance that night and he heard.
God calls us to live for Him and to use our gifts and talents to bring glory to Him on the earth and in doing this you find fulfilment and you make a difference in the world around you.
"The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life." ~ John 10:10

7 comments:

  1. We're loving all our discussions as well Sarah ~ and thank God He has instilled such dreams and desires in our hearts that we're able to share them with each other and encourage and uplift one another in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so faithful hey Sarah!
    I can relate to the company of a good friend to share dreams and instill passion. We just had missionary friends from India visit, the husband has been a good friend of ours for 15 years! It was so refreshing to be able to open up about those innermost dreams and thoughts with someone who simply 'gets' us. God can really speak at these times too. hence the Mark Twain quote on my blog this week...time to release the anchor and set sail on some of these dreams I think!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being so honest, Sarah. I love my discussions with you too - just wish more of them were in person.

    Love hearing your testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing to look back over our lives and recognize how the Lord has kept and preserved us through these dark days and brought us into the light!
    Thanks for sharing, Sarah.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great testimony Sarah. Reminds me of myself as a teenager........bit scary~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous testimony Sarah...I am so glad you have come to know the Living God & He is the centre of your life now..
    What a blessing it is to me to hear that you are all enjoying such sweet fellowship together..
    Do you know that our Father is listening to all you say about Him?
    Malachi 3:16 Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, And the Lord listened and heard them; So a book of remembrance was written before Him For those who fear the Lord And who meditate on His name.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!