Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"press 1 for accounts or 2 for TECHNICAL SUPPORT"......


Wow....These past few weeks, the words 'TECHNICAL SUPPORT' have been ringing in my ears and brains! We have 2 internet connections with Telstra and both were down at the same time, which was very bizarre and sooooooooo annoying! Actually just today we finally got 1 on but still no phone...ARGH!!!


We are still waiting for TECHNICAL SUPPORT to phone us regarding our Next G device! So what do we do without our PC"S? How can we survive without our internet? The answer is...."WE CAN'T"!!!


Why?


Well for us 90% of our business comes through email, so that is why we need it! Right now I sit back and think of how I have allowed the silly internet services steal my peace and make me feel all churned up inside.


How RIDICULOUS - causing or worthy of ridicule or derision; absurd; preposterous; laughable: a ridiculous plan.


I have to admit, I rejoiced with our 1st internet service coming back on!!!

Anyway, technical support have been terrific and I must take my hat off to them for their lovely manners and way of talking!


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations. glad you're back up and running. How did you get a polite IT man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha tech support can be such a frustrating thing. When we moved here it took me weeks to get our phone & internet up & running. After many calls and several people 'hanging up' on me, I finally got it done.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are valued!